Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences was established in the year 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha and is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka.
The Vokkaligara Sangha took a formal decision on 2.9.1979 to start a medical college from the year 1980-81. On 30.11.1980 the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri. R Gundu Rao laid the foundation stone of the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital.
The first batch was started in March 1981. The Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute was held in the year 2006. A Magnificent college building to mark the centenary celebrations of the Vokkaligara Sangha and the Silver Jubilee of KIMS has been built at the Banashankari Campus.
Objectives of the Institution:
• Impart training to medical students to be competent in the management of health problems of the individual and the community, commensurate with his/her position as a member of the society and familiarize with the national health programmes.
• Develop his/her personal characteristics and attitude required for professional life such as personal integrity, sense of responsibility, dependability and ability to relate to or show concern for other individuals.
• Enable him/her to work as a leading partner in health care teams, gear up to mobilize resources to meet the health needs of natural calamities when required.
• Enable him/her to acquire proficiency in communication skills to appreciate social, psychological, cultural, economic and environmental factors affecting health and to develop human attitude towards discharging ones professional responsibility.
• Develop attitudes for continued self -learning and seek further expertise or to pursue research in any chosen area of medicine
KIMS is recognized by the Medical Council of India / National Medical Commission (NMC) permanently for running of MBBS Course since 1980-81 with annual intake of 150 Seats and also running Post-graduate degree courses since 1991-92 with annual intake of 111 Seats and these courses are also recognized by Government of India.
Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences is also recognized by
• General Medical Council, United Kingdom
• World Health Organization.
• The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists, London.
KIMS is located in two sections:-
• Pre-clinical and Para Clinical departments are Located at Banashankari IInd Stage near BDA complex, Bangalore-560070.
• Clinical departments and KIMS Hospital are located at the KIMS Hospital K.R Road, V.V Puram, Bangalore-560004, 4kms from the College campus.
The KIMS Hospital was established in the year 1990 and is located in the heart of Bangalore city and in close proximity to the City Market. It is a multi-specialty hospital having 1070 beds and offering services ranging from Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Preventive Medicine, Forensic Post-mortem facility and Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry investigational facilities. It fulfils the requirements of the Medical Council of India with respect to MBBS and Postgraduate courses.
Super-Specialty services include Cardiology, Gastro-enterology, Neurology and Endocrinology, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Neuro-surgery, Urology and Vascular surgery. A 24 hr Pharmacy, Blood Bank, CT and MRI facilities are available.
KIMS hospital is providing patient care at highly subsidised rates. The charges are very much comparable to government hospital and substantially lower than any other private hospital in the state.
Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore-560070
KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Phone: +91-80-26715790 / 26712791/ 92
Email : email@example.com