Basaveshwar Engineering College (Autonomous) Bagalkot Est. 1963
The College is one of the prestigious technical institute of Basaveshwar Veerashaiva Vidhyavardhaka Sangha (BVVS) amongst its 140+ institutions. The student intake has grown to 1100 and the total student strength on campus from 300 in 1963 to 4200 in 2018. Quality teaching-learning processes are emphasized by the faculty whose strength has grown from 28 to 211, with 70 faculty having Ph.D degrees from IITs and NITs. In a short period of 8 years around 160+ scholars have registered for Ph.D programs and 50 scholars have been awarded the doctorate degree. The proactive core research activities have helped the college in securing grants to the tune of Rs. 3.40 Crores in the past three years. The institute has MoUs with 35 industries and higher level institutes. Library is one of the best in the region andthe central library is set up as learning resource center with OPAC facility, electronic resource management package for accessing e-Journals and online publications. About 1400 state-of- the-art computers are networked through 10 Gbps backbone fiber network and the campus is Wi-Fi enabled with 500 Mbps Internet Leased Line (BSNL 1:1).
Since 1963, Basaveshwar Engineering College (BEC), Bagalkot, has under gone an unswerving growth as it started with only three Engineering programs viz. Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering. Today, college offers 11 undergraduate and 8 post graduate programmes in Engineering with 8 departments recognized as R&D centers by VTU, Belagavi. The College came into Government grant in-aid code in 1968. It is a matter of pride for BEC to be placed in the rank band of 201-250 for the year 2019-2020 and Secured 191 rank during 2018-2019 at all India level by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of MHRD, New Delhi.
The growth of institution during the last 5 decades can be categorized into three phases as it has undergone tremendous change from 1963 till date. During phase-I (1963 to 1983) it was the consolidation and strengthening of basic infrastructure facilities to achieve academic excellence. In phase-II (1983 to 2003) the emphasis was on expansion of UG programmes, introduction of new PG programmes, upgradation of faculty qualifications and initiation of research activities. The college started 7 new UG and 4 PG programmes, including MCA, thus enhancing the students’ strength from 300 to 2300 and faculty strength from 20 to 140. The consolidation of institutional growth in phase-I and expansion of courses in phase-II created a platform to takeoff into phase-III, from 2003. The selection of College under Technical Education Quality Improvement Program, TEQIP-I (2004 to 2009) of MHRD, New Delhi was onset of a new era in the history of College. The TEQIP-I grant of Rs.14.16 crores was effectively utilized for scaling up UG programs and in 2007 the College was granted academic autonomy by VTU, Belagavi and UGC, New Delhi. The performance of College in TEQIP-I led to the selection under TEQIP-II on merit basis. A grant of Rs. 12.50 crores was sanctioned for scaling up PG programs and R&D activities from 2011 to 2017. During this phase the programs were also accredited by NBA, New Delhi. Based on its performance during TEQIP-II the College was recognized as one of the best performing colleges by National Project Implementation Unit (NPIU), New Delhi and was granted an additional fund of Rs. 5.00 crores. In 2017, the College was selected under TEQIP-III and sanctioned a grant of Rs. 7.00 crores in 2017. It also has the privilege of mentoring Regional Engineering College (REC) Bijnor, UP during the Phase-III (2017 to 2020). The phenomenal growth during the three phases abetted the college i)in securing NIRF ranking, ii) accreditation by NBA, New Delhi, iii) accreditation by NAAC in 2017 with “A” grade (CGPA of 3.34), iv) accreditation by QS I-Gauge & also E-LEAD Certification in 2020 and v) recognition at Global level through signing of MoU with foreign universities.
The core values of the college emphasize on i) Teaching-Learning processes, ii)Promotion of Research activities for Societal benefit, and iii) imbibing Moral &Ethical values. Hence, our struggle persistently continues to uphold academic standards for promotion of quality research and to be on par with renowned institutes globally.
1. BEC is placed in the rank band of 201-250 at all India level for the year 2019-2020 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of MHRD, New Delhi
2. 48% of faculty members are with Doctorate degrees
3. 100% accreditation of UG programmes (Out of eligible programmes) and 50% accreditation of PG programmes by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under Tier-I
4. Accredited by NAAC (“A” grade) with a CGPA of 3.34/4.00.
5. College awarded Gold rating by QS I-Gauge during 2019 and E-LEAD Certification in 2020.
6. Institute Innovation Council (IIC) recognized as one of the 25 best performing council at All India level by MHRD, New Delhi
7. AICTE CII Survey – Placed in Gold Category
8. Selected as Mentor Institution by UGC, New Delhi under “Paramarsh” Scheme
9. Recognized as one of the best performing institutes by NPIU, New Delhi in TEQIP – III, a World Bank Assisted Project and received an additional grant of 10% of Project Life Allocation two times amounting to Rs. 1.47 crores
10. Received a cash prize of Rs. 1.00 lakh for participation & achievements in sports & Cultural activities by VTU, Belagavi, during 2018-2019
11. Three departments offer Skill development programmes under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
12. Recognized as incubation center by KITS, IT-BT, S&T Department, Government of Karnataka
Basaveshwar Engineering College
S. Nijalingappa Vidyanagar, Bagalkot - 587102
Dr. S.S. Injaganeri
Email :email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org